I feel incredibly thankful and privileged to be let into the lives of the people who hire me to make a visual record for them with photographs. I've been in birthing rooms to photograph new life entering into this world. I've been behind the altars to capture the moment when two people in love say, "I do." I have crouched in the corner of a hospital room to document a procedure of a fragile baby battling cancer. These stamps of time are intimate, poignant, worthy of a photograph- and I'm humbled to be the photographer that is present.
I want to deliver pictures of truth; pictures of history; not just for the instant gratification of today, but also for the next generation(s). Photos that will reveal and bring to the surface the smells, sights, tastes, touches, and textures of the moments, allowing you to re-live them because you were present, as well as a provide a taste of those things, if possible, to the next generation viewer.
Twenty facts for you to get to know me better.
1. I am a wife and a mom to 3 daughters.
2. I am a follower of Jesus.
3. I'm 33 years young.
4. Grey is my favorite color.
5. French fries are my weakness. And burgers.
6. I have visited 9 countries outside of the US.
7. I’m a cat person.
8. Two words: Vintage & Classic
9. I don’t like to follow rules.
10. In 2016, I created and self-published a best-selling cookbook named "Cook ICT" followed with a sequel in 2018.
11. I like the smell of a baby's milky breath.
12. In college, my employment was driving a school bus.
13. Peonies are my favorite flower, and I enjoy gardening.
14. I play piano and guitar.
15. I ride a motorcycle.
16. I love hot weather, hate cold weather.
17. If I weren't a photographer, I'd probably like to be a florist or have the job that names finger nail polish colors.
18. I am an old soul.
19. My first car was a 1970 Volkswagen Beetle.
20. I dislike coffee.